Thursday 3 November 2011

Green Fingers

Brown Fingers would be closer to the truth as I have the job of doing the dirty work. Let me explain.

I'm not much of the gardener but I like to do my bit with helping Jo keep the property tidy. I'm extremely proficient on the lawn mower and since a year ago an old hand at weeding the lawns.

I first began this job due to being sick of the number of dandelion weeds. Both lawns had been completely taken over. I literally spent 20 hours weeding the lawns initially. Back breaking work trying to get to the roots. I eventually cleared them. I have religiously kept it up and now only need to spend an hour or two monthly. The lawns now look and feel great!




After all this weeding a gin and tonic is most welcome with some lemon from our abundant lemon tree. Sadly I missed getting the beautiful blossoms of our plum tree. By Christmas we should have a tree laden with the juiciest plums. Will make sure I get a photo when they are ready!




Check out the kiwi beach theme in the mosaic that enhances the garden that Jo prides herself in keeping well maintained and groomed.


4 comments:

Lea White said...

If you are bored and looking for more weeds to sort out - we have lots! Beautiful mosaic. Did Jo make that?

Sarah said...

I kinda like digging around in the dirt!! I love the physical strength needed, but it's also quite mentally relaxing don't you think?

and that you posted about mosaic, is very .....hmm, co-incidental, timely, apt (not quite sure which word to use here...I think I need to come and do some of your Glossary work Paul!) as I can't say much more than that, but it made me smile :) I will explain, just not quite yet!

and congratulations to Alice :)She certainly seems to put her mind to what she wants to achieve and does it well :) and from what you've said about Katie previously, it appears you have to dedicated and hard-working girls there :) who will go far :)

Sarah said...

two*

Sarah said...

and it's Kate isn't it? Sorry :S