Monday 14 November 2011

The Ballet

A month ago Jo talked me in to going to the Russian Ballet.




Last night we drove in to Wellington to see an evening performance. As we passed the Railway Station Alice called out ''Oh my gosh! If you look over there to the right, it's a picture of me!'' She was referring to this Billboard.





When we could find a suitable place to turn around we headed back to the Station to have a closer look. The picture had been taken 2 years ago when Alice at the age of 13 had finished third woman behind Kate who was second, aged 16. Far too good an opportunity to let it go to waste. Thankfully I had my camera, as with this new blogging hobby of mine I have found myself taking it almost everywhere with me.




The Russian Ballet was at the St James Theatre.




A lovely old style concert hall that I unfortunately was not allowed to film in. It was a fabulous show with incredible dancers. I'm sure glad I was talked in to it and ventured out of my sceptical comfort zone.

7 comments:

Ellie said...

Wow, imagine being on a billboard. Well done!!!
I've never been to a ballet before, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Lea said...

Sounds like you had a great evening! Have been to a Russian ballet before and really enjoyed it!

john bain said...

I have never been to the ballet before. How nice to also spot Alice on the billboard. Hope she gets royalties. :-)

Kevin Read said...

How thrilling that must be for Alice. I wonder how many of her friends will notice. Glad you enjoyed the ballet. I think it would be difficult for me to talk Kevin into going to one.

Kevin and Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

oldrunningfox. said...

Hi Paul, thanks for introducing yourself through my Blog. Glad you enjoyed the ballet. I've never watched live ballet but seen it occasionally on iPlayer and am always amazed at the skill and artistry.
I'll bet Alice is real proud of that picture.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Wow I can only imagine how exciting that would have been for Alice to see her photo on a billboard.
The Russian Ballet I have never been but it sounds like fun. B

Hayley said...

Oh wow, thats so awesome...seeing yourself on a billboard :-)
Cant remember the last time I went to the ballet...things its time :-)