Monday 7 November 2011

Chasing Rainbows

Recently I have read several blogs and comments about Living in the Moment. I wrote a blog recently called Mindfulness that had been inspired by a conversation I had with Lea.

With all the pressures in our life and at times difficult situations we have to deal with it is all too easy to become negative. We often wish these moments away or try and block them out.

As a teacher I can at times slip into a feeling of frustration when not reaching some children instead of looking for alternative approaches and changing my thinking.

If we spend so much time wishing our lives away or wishing for better things we will live short lives.

Ten years ago I wrote a song called Chasing Rainbows that talks about appreciating what we have in nature around us and to take time to smell the roses.

Click here to listen to Chasing Rainbows

Would appreciate any comments on lyrics that spoke to you :)

3 comments:

Lea said...

We think very similar! A motto I live by "We can't choose what happens in life, but we can choose how we handle it". All about how it comes down to our attitude to what happens, even when what happens is really difficult and challenging. Sure it would be easy to rather wish it away, but as you say "we will live short lives".

I really like your song Chasing Rainbows!

Recently the song "Only make pretend" was one that spoke to me as you know and was the inspiration to the post I wrote on "To Simply Be".

Different songs / lyrics speak to me at different times depending on the mood I'm in or what's happening in my life. Another song that is speaking to me right now is a song called "I hope you dance". For me very much also about living in the now and taking chances. And when you have a choice to do something or not - that we will choose to take a chance and do it! And in saying that, that's one of the reasons I really enjoy your song "Get up have another try".

Okay I'm speaking too much again and this comment is getting long now so I'll leave my comment at that!

john bain said...

I enjoyed the song very much Paul. You have a nice clear and distinctive voice, the children in the chorus, complement it so well.
I agree with what you have written about negativity in our lives. I always do my best to chase it away, whenever it threatens me.

Unknown said...

Hi Paul! I loved your song! It reminds me of a song that we sang in choir at school. It went something like--sailing down rivers of imagination with friends of tomorrow and long ago, for there are far off lands I must discover, my friends have told me so.

I am also very into fitness, different than yours but just as enthusiastic, and absolutely love to sing and play guitar! I've been playing guitar since I was 10. So I am the perfect follower of this blog.

:-) Marion