Saturday 15 October 2011

Old Friends

Last night I met up with an old school friend that I first met at the age of 10. We have been friends ever since.

We had a beer together at the Baa bar in the University part of the city. We discussed our school days, in and out of friendships, sporting successes and failures, old girlfriends, what's happened to some of those we grew up with and our recent dentistry. This was all over shooting some pool in which I was luckily victorious and he was gracious in defeat. We talked about favourite teachers and not so favourite.

I believe we appreciate each other because of the length of time and commom experiences. It's reassuring that you can have a friendship that survives through quite seperate and different llives.

I wrote a song that expresses some of the situations that children go through during their school days. Click here to listen to a snippet of an original song called School Age Friendship.

4 comments:

Lea said...

Thanks for the comment :-). Sounds like you are having a great time there. Always nice to catch up with old friends and yes, wonderful that a friendship lasted so long! So along with all your other achievements you are quite the pool player also! :-). How did your game with your dad go?

Paul Forster said...

Dad and I shared victories and I narrowly came out on top. He does amazingly well considering his age! Will write a blog tomorrow on what I've done over the last 2 days with my dad.

Ellie said...

It is lovely to catch up with old frields. Sounds like you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Most of us lose contact with old friends and it's always nice to reconnect when we can :-)

God bless and have a great weekend! :-)