Monday 17 October 2011

Last Days

My time in Dunedin is drawing to a close. It has been wonderful catching up with my dad, sister and her family and an old long time school friend.

Yesterday dad got his revenge at the pool table 2 - 1 in a close fought battle with changing fortunes. Could be compared to a Soap Opera the dramas that unfolded. I got one up on the pokies and made a sizable $2 profit after being down nearly $10.

Last night was the Rugby World Cup Semi-Final between the All Blacks and our Trans Tasman rivals Australia. The All Blacks were masterful in their victory which is dissected here. Now we look to France next weekend as we have an old score to settle.

Trying to shake off a developing cold so my exercise regime will be seriously hampered today. Spending some time updating blog lists, commenting on blogs and writing this post.

My sister is bringing dad around for tea which I will be preparing. On the menu tonight is a modified recipe that I cooked in my flatting university days. It happens to be a favourite with our girls and extremely easy for a limited bloke like myself to prepare. Here are the ingredients I chuck together to make my version of a Meatloaf. Takes about 45 minutes at 200 Celsius. Lovely with mashed or baked potatoes. Enjoy!

Meatloaf
Sausage / Mince Meat
Oats
Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce
Corn
Dates
Breadcrumbs
Roasted Peanuts
Grated Cheese
Carrots
Onions

5 comments:

Lea White said...

Hope your cold goes away soon! Enjoy preparing the meal for tonight. Sounds like an interesting dish.

Ellie said...

Hope your cold goes away quickly. Enjoy your dinner!!

amanda said...

Sounds like a very interesting combination of ingredients. Enjoy the time with your dad and get well soon.

blackhuff said...

I too love meatloaves but mine does not get so much ingredients than yours do. Just meat with Oats, onions and tomato paste :)

forrest said...

were you having a great time in Aus