Saturday 4 February 2012

Summer Saturday Saturation





As a member of the Wellington Harriers Masters runners I took my turn to host a so called summer Saturday run here in Raumati South.


The last 3 years I have been blessed with beautiful sunny weather but sadly today was an exception. To be honest it wasn't that bad as it was warm rain, humid and no wind.


We met at Mc Kay's Crossing to begin our excursion in to Whareroa farm up to Campbell's Rd, into the Maungatukutuku Valley and back to our starting point.




There was a dedicated group of 12 who took on the rain. Most of the runners / walkers were from Wellington and from the response I got really enjoyed taking on the Kapiti hills and enjoyed our local scenery. For most of the group it was a totally new area for them.


The after match function was at our place where Jo had prepared burgers and salad. We had the barbecue going and there were liquid refreshments to replenish lost energy and calories!


Check out my post tomorrow for more photos as I can't get to grips with the new format I'm working with. Photos aren't going the places I want them to go and I'm giving up for today.


Hope you are not facing similar frustrations!


I look forward to taking them on another run in this beautiful area on a better day where they can appreciate where we have been and the surrounding beauty














8 comments:

Lea said...

Not the nicest day for you to host your run. Sounds like you had fun regardless! Sorry that you had trouble with inserting your photos. Maybe you need to try the new blogger interface again.

Victor e suas opiniƵes said...

Dont worry Mr. Paul I still waiting the photos!

john bain said...

I love warm rain but rarely get it here. Sounds like you had a good time anyway. I can never get my pics to go where I want them. Nice post Paul. Thanks for your comments on mine.

Ellie said...

What a shame that it rained on the day, they will just have to come back when it is nicer to see the beautiful scenery you have there.
You have some wonderful names of places there.

Kate said...

Wish I could have run with you guys too :D

Paul said...

Hi Kate

It is a real shame that you had something on when we ran.

Paul said...

Hi Victor
Hope you like the photos of my run!

alisha said...

hi mr forster wanna chat on your blog your super cool and awesome go on moshi monsters pleass and serch up coreyalishaanyac and really miss you we must meet agian at school like my techer but your still the best bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!