Monday 13 February 2012

Know You're Not Alone

Thank you for all the votes so far, if you are able please click here and vote for me in the Wiggle Athlete Search.

This post is dedicated to a very special caring person and a loyal friend.

I first met Lea at the beginning of 2011 when I started teaching her daughter, Bianca! She quickly made her self known to me through regular communication on how we could work together to provide a great year for Bianca. This proved extremely easy as Bianca was a diligent student.

I was priveleged to get an invitation from Bianca to her 8th Birthday Harry Potter Party. I saw first hand Lea's attention to detail. It was a wonderfully organised party and the invited children and myself had a fantastic time.

Since then I have been fortunate to be involved in several of Lea's projects.

I had the opportunity to accompany Lea and Bianca to the Oncology Department of Wellington Hospital and perform to the children there. Click here for Lea's report.

In October I performed with some school children at Lea's organised Funrazor. Click here to see Lea's post. It was a marvellous fund raiser for the Child Cancer Foundation. It was a special occasion for me as I was able to play for her a song I had just written ot a poem of Lea's which I called This Little Girl of Mine. Click here to see the You Tube Video. The song is in celebration of Bianca's recovery from Leukemia.

In December Lea started collecting up lyrics from songs I had written and by January had completed a special book of my music that I will always cherish. Check Lea's post here and my post here.

I have really appreciated Lea's continual encouragement and interest in my music, running and cycling. It has been wonderful to share my music with her and have recently introduced her to one of my favourite singer / songwriters that she has also grown to love.

Here is a song I wrote for her on the train to Wellington in December last year. Please have a listen as it better does justice to showing my gratitude to her for making life a lot more interesting.



5 comments:

blackhuff said...

When I read about you and Lea's relationship to each other, it sounds as if you two have become very good friends.
You got my vote already :)

Lea said...

What a lovely post [blush]! Thank you Paul!

You caught me by surprise though because when you said you planned to do a blog entry using this song I thought it was going to be a general friendship entry as a follow up entry to the one you did a while back.

I feel honoured that you have written 2 songs for me! Both as you know on my favourites list!

A big thank you to you Paul for your willingness to be part of my projects. I really appreciate your contribution and you made a really positive difference to these projects!

john bain said...

I have cast my vote for you Paul. It was nice to watch your video, learn more about you, and listen to you sing. Good luck with everything.

Ellie said...

My vote is already in :))
Lovely post for Lea - you two have become great friends.

Kevin Read said...

What a great friendship both you and Lea have. You support each other very well. That's the way friendships should be.

Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com