Thursday 16 February 2012

Doing the Hard Yards

My cycling coach, Bob has been putting me through my paces!

I have just completed a gruelling 10 hill sprints of 17 - 20 seconds each. Bob was following me in his car taking my splits on a 5 lap circuit of 2 hill climbs on Campion Rd and Weggery Drive in Waikanae Beach.

This is the first time I have done such a session. I was really happy as I managed to consistently do the climbs within half a second of each other. Campion Rd was less steep but longer than Weggery Drive.

Just awaiting Alice to finish her coaching at Waikanae Pool before heading home for a cold refreshment!

That's it for today! No songs...no photos! Just a story of survival from a demanding bike ride after a long day in a tiring week.

An early night for me beckons!

Hope your day was rewarding!

5 comments:

Lea said...

That session sounds like really hard work! I actually looked at a rental home in Campion Rd when we were busy moving here from Auckland.

I have to say I have great respect for teachers after spending from 11:30 - 15:00 with Caitlyn at her school visit- was so exhausting (and I wasn't even doing the teaching). How you do it full time and keep your sanity I don't know.

Get an early night in!

Ellie said...

Phew I feel exhausted just reading about that cycle.
I think you deserve your cold drink and early night.

blackhuff said...

Very well done on your training and I can understand why you need an early night.

Victor e suas opiniƵes said...

You are doing really well Mr. Paul! You are a strong man.

Paul Forster said...

Hi Victor
Thank you for reading my blog and making comments! Always look forward to hearing from you!