Friday 25 May 2012

Dear John

Having been entertained in New Zealand for a while now reading John's blog I thought I would be brave and front him in real person. You are all probably wondering about the sanity of this since you all know that John has tendencies to overdramatise and his ramblings are well known. I draw attention to his latest post.

I feel I need to clear my name somewhat. Yes I was cheeky enough to ask for a roof over my head especially as John said I had travelled a considerable distance to come and visit him. I knew that John would be great company as proved the case. Staying with him seemed the best way for him to get to spend more time with a dynamic and talented singer / song-writer. As it eventuated I'm sure he got more from my visit than he could have possibly dreamed of.

John was a wonderful host and it was wonderful spending our one day together although it seemed we had known each other forever.

We enjoyed walks in the lovely summer weather, dined like kings under John's gourmet culinary skills and sang originals and covers in his homemade wagon and at an open mic night.

Thank you John for graciously allowing me to stay with you and entertaining me with your stories, music and life experiences. Your secrets are safe!

Photos will have to wait until I'm back home. I'm sure though that John will be posting more over the next few days.

6 comments:

Lea said...

Sounds like you had a great time! How nice to meet the person behind the blog :-). Can't wait to see photos!

Kay G. said...

How nice that you were able to visit and play music together. I hope John got it on video and will share it with us!

Ellie said...

How nice to meet a fellow blogger - sounds like you both got on really well.

john bain said...

It was great to meet you Paul and don't worry I will say something nice about you eventually. I think! I felt quite sad when you left.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Well I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that visit. :) Two talented artists in one room is always interesting. B

Valerie said...

Aaw shucks, I was hoping to hear those secrets! Glad you two got on so well together.