Thursday 1 December 2011

Mountain Running

When I was about 30 I discovered I was better than most people at running up hills. With this natural talent I managed to get picked to run for New Zealand 4 times over in Europe. Competing in the World Mountain Running Championships were great experiences. I got to stay in scenic mountain resorts in Austria, Germany and Italy.

I love the solitude of running in the mountains. I find it exhilerating looking out over where I have come from and have a great sense of well being and achievement.

Here is a taste of what I've seen recently. Will take you on a run soon over these parts!




5 comments:

Lea said...

Wow, those events sound very exciting! Which of the 3 places were the most interesting? Love the photos you took!

Ellie said...

Wow, the scenery looks wonderful - must be well worth it when you get to the top. But I'm afraid running up hills just says pain, pain, PAIN to me lol.

blackhuff said...

How jealous I am off you, that you don't struggle as much uphill as the most of us ;)
What a great gift you have. Love the pictures

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh Paul I can understand the solitude of the mountains I myself would love to hike there, I am not a very good runner. B

john bain said...

You are a lucky man Paul. I'll just have to share through your photos.