Friday 29 June 2012

Taupo Travels

After school today I head off with my family to Taupo for the North Island Cross Country Championships. I will be competing for Wellington so extra pressure. I'm looking forward to it as I have been running really well and my hopes are to win a medal in my age category. I have only won 2 in the last 12 years in this event but have finished 4th a number of times. I am in my best shape for about 5 years I believe so I am quietly confident I can give it a real shot.

We are staying at the De Bretts Hotel so that will be really nice. The legs I'm sure will appreciate a soak in the hot pools after the race.

Will be away for a few days with no computer access so will report back next week hopefully with some stories, photos and some good news!

Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

Kay G. said...

Good luck on your race.
I looked at that hotel with the hot springs. WOW. "Really nice" must be an example of New Zealand understatement!

Lea said...

Good luck with your race! Travel safely and hope you'll have a good weekend!

Victor e suas opiniƵes said...

Nice song ( You put in ur last post). Hope you will do well at your race and have a good trip to Taupo, enjoy with your family. :)

Ellie said...

Good luck to you Paul, fingers crossed for a medal for you :))

Valerie said...

Probably a bit late but I can still wish you success in your race. Great hotel, wouldn't mind staying there.